Online SafetyBe Safe. Be aware.
- Talk to your child about what 'personal information' is - such as email address, full name, phone number, address and school name - and discuss with them why it's important.
- Explain simple ways to protect privacy. For example, avoiding usernames like birthdates or locations that give away too much information.
- Discuss images and photos, and what might be appropriate. Help your child understand how photographs can give people a sense of your personality, and that sharing the wrong kind of image can give the wrong impression.
- Explain that it isn't easy to identify someone online. People aren't always who they say they are, so don't share personal information. If it's someone who genuinely knows your child, they shouldn't need to ask for personal information online.
- Tell your child that if they're in any doubt they should talk to you first.
Below is a link to our internet safety policy.