PTA - FOTFA
Friends of Towers Fundraising Association
Friends of Towers Fundraising Association is a friendly group of volunteer parents, who together with the wider school community, plan and organise fundraising initiatives and events to raise much needed additional funds for the benefit of our children and the Federation of Towers Schools.
Our aim is to support Towers Federation and its community, in providing an outstanding education and enriching experiences for all of our children and young people, by raising funds for quality resources and fun opportunities, where school budgets or other avenues of income would otherwise not allow for.
Registered Charity Status
Friends of Towers Fundraising Association has been a registered charity since 1994. This means FOTFA is a non-profit organisation which exists for the benefit of the school community, to advance education.
Annually, FOTFA have to report to the Charities Commission including details of our fundraising efforts. We also have to comply with the Charities Law.
Being a registered charity, means we can apply for grants, claim gift aid and tax relief. It lets others know we are a trusted organisation because our actions are monitored by the Charities Commission.
Who We Are
FOTFA is currently made up of one chairperson and around fifteen active committee members, all of whom are parents of children at Towers. We meet once a month to discuss fundraising ideas and how funds should be allocated in accordance with our constitution and after discussions with the school senior leadership team.
Every parent, guardian, carer or family member within the Towers community is welcome to join the committee, become a class representative or volunteer. All support is greatly appreciated no matter how big or small. For one event or for a longer period of time.
FOTFA cannot exist and fundraise without volunteers!
Recently, FOTFA have fully funded a large ICT suite accessible to all our children, classroom smart white boards, Reading Egg licences for the whole school, webcams to facilitate home learning during COVID19, Christmas art supplies, sports equipment, EYFS play sheds, sensory garden, storytelling chair, introduction of EYFS Big Cat books, the pond, equipment for the sensory room, junior playground gazebo flooring, table tennis tables and equipment and year six leavers gift.
How We Do It
Each academic year FOTFA organize as many fun-filled events, with the aim of raising as much money for our children and their school, as possible. Whilst also bringing together our school community. Here are some events FOTFA and its volunteers are responsible for organizing:
- Friday Tuck Shop
- Towers Summer Fete
- Quiz Nights
- School Discos
- School Movie Nights
- Bicester Coach Shopping Trip
- Towers Summer Fete
- Christmas Fayre
- Mother’s Day and Father’s Day events
- Inflatable Days
- Towers Boot Sale
Other fundraising initiatives also include:
- Your School Lottery
- Preloved Uniform & Costume Sales
- Southend Adventure Island & Sealife Tickets
- My Name Tags
- Children Designed Christmas Cards
We also have fundraising initiatives which generate FREE money for FOTFA - at no extra cost to you!
- Happy School Bag Collections
- Amazon Smile
- Easy Fundraising
- Matched Funding and other Local Community Grants
Where there are no volunteers, events cannot go ahead.
How can you help?
Whether you are new to the Towers Community or your child is in Year 6, we always welcome your support throughout the year.
- Reading our FOTFA Newsletter
- Joining our Friends of Towers Fundraising Association, Events Facebook Page
- Sharing our fundraising efforts with friends and family and the wider community
- Donating items or your time which help us to fundraise
- Become a Class Representative, sharing information and engaging the Towers community
- Join the FOTFA committee, taking a lead on organizing fundraising initiatives
Annual General Meeting
Each year FOTFA holds an AGM, where all of the Towers community are welcome to attend with no commitment. It’s a great way to find out about the work FOTFA do, plans for the forthcoming year and how funds are to be spent for the benefit of every child. The whole committee and school heads are present.
Keep in touch
- Website https://www.pta-events.co.uk/fotfa
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook www.facebook.com/groups/friendsoftowersfundraising/
- FOTFA Bi-Weekly Newsletter sent via Parent Mail
- FOTFA Notice Boards and posters around the schools
Thank you for your continued support!