Ofsted Report 2015
Ofsted visited us at Towers Junior School in December 2015. At this visit we were rewarded for all our hard work and effort by our school being judged as 'Good'. We are extremely proud of this achievement and continue to work hard to improve our standards. Below are a few of the extracts from the report:
- "The executive headteacher, head of school and assistant headteacher are highly ambitious for pupils. Their ambition and high expectations fro pupils are shared fully by governors and staff."
- "Pupils are very polite, kind and courteous. Their behaviour is good, and they have strong attitudes to their learning."
- "There is strong support for leadership amongst staff. Morale in the school is high and there is a shared commitment and determination to secure further improvements."
- "Pupils' attainment in reading, writing and mathematics has been well above the average since the previous inspection."
- "As a result of improvements in teaching, all pupils, including disadvantaged pupils, pupils with disabilities and those with special educational needs, make good progress in reading, writing and mathematics."
- "Leaders and managers work effectively as a team, and have been successful in improving the quality of teaching, learning and assessment, which are now good."
We are always looking for ways to improve our school and the teaching and learning of your children so we would like to encourage parents and carers to fill in the short list of questions on our parent view page. This will give us an indication of how settled your child is in our school.
Please click the link below and click on the 'Give your views now' puzzle piece. After a few short clicks, your views will be recorded anonymously. Thank you.