The Governors of Towers Junior School ask that all children wear clothing from the following list:
For any time of year
- Plain grey or 'Towers' blue jumper, sweatshirt or cardigan
- Plain white shirt or blouse
- Plain white or 'Towers' polo shirt
- 'Towers' school tie (optional)
- Tailored grey trousers (Boys)
- Grey skirts or pinafore dresses (Girls)
- Grey, blue or white socks or tights must be worn
- Suitable plain, dark coloured shoes (Please avoid heavy boots)
For winter months only
- Tailored grey trousers (Girls)
For summer wear
- White jumpers or cardigans
- Baseball cap for playground or field, as sun protection
- Blue and white dresses or skirts - no sundresses (Girls)
- Tailored plain 'Towers' blue or grey shorts (Boys)
- (Denim, cycle, sports or brief styles are not acceptable.)
School PE Kit
Please ensure your child has suitable kit in school. This enables him/her to take part safely and achieve well. Children cannot do P.E. in clothing worn to school for reasons of hygiene.
- A plain white round neck t-shirt or Towers vests/tee shirts
- Royal blue, grey, white shorts or knickers
- A Towers tracksuit or royal blue tracksuit
- Plimsoles (indoor)
- Trainers (outdoor)
Plain tracksuits may be worn for football and netball in cold weather, however they should not have hoods which could get caught or be pulled and thereby become a hazard.
For class P.E/Games activities, pupils normally change in the classrooms or in Year 6, in the changing rooms. As kit and clothing is easily mislaid, please name all items and provide a PE bag in which all kit can be stored.
For safety reasons we do not allow the wearing of jewellery with the exception of stud earrings. These must be removed for physical activities by the child, not school staff. Earrings cannot now be taped over for P.E. lessons - if they cannot be removed the child cannot participate.
To ensure that children can participate fully in the PE curriculum, we request that any parent who wishes to have their child's ears pierced, does so at the beginning of the summer holiday to allow the sufficient healing time before returning to school.
In Year 5 children go swimming and so will need a swimming costume, towel and swimming hat. The swimming hat is available from the school at a cost of £2.00. We ask that children wear age appropiate costumes for swimming.
Only traditional book bags may be brought into school. These are available from Havering Schoolwear.
Please note pencils, pens, rubbers, sharpeners are provided by the school. Children should not bring their own pencil cases and / or equipment.
'Fashion wear' such as track and shell suits, jogging suits, jeans, backless and strappy shoes, jelly sandals and multi coloured trainers are not suitable for school. In addition braid and other hair accessories are not permitted due to health and safety concerns.
For safety reasons we do not allow the wearing of jewellery with the exception of stud earrings. These must be removed for physical activities by the child, not school staff. Earrings cannot be taped over for P.E lessons - if they cannot be removed the child cannot participate.
Watches may be worn at the owner's risk but no other jewellery should be worn.
Hair gels are unsuitable for school as are razor cut designs in hair.
Many of these items can be ordered on a Uniform Order Form, via the school office, copies of which are usually included in the Induction Pack or printable from the website. Alternatively, our supplier has a local shop at:
119 Belgrave Avenue,
Tel: 01708 767890